Saturday, October 10, 2009

Using Web 2.0 tools in the classroom

Web 2.0 tools are a group of different sites where one can access files on the internet anywhere, anytime. There is quite a lengthy list of free sites that are available and useful for teachers in the classroom.  There are a few that I have found to be useful in the classroom where I am currently. I am in a third through fifth grade special needs classroom with only two computers for the students to type their documents on.  However, only one of those is connected to the printer.  I would like to utilize dropbox.com to enable the students to access their documents that were typed on the computer that was not hooked up to the printer.  This would eliminate some frustration when they go to print their work.  Also, one of our students has many allergies, including white board markers.  Because of this I would see the importance of scribblar.com.  This would allow the students to interact even with the limitation that we currently have. I can also see how this would be helpful in classes that are under construction or don't have whiteboards in the class.  Yet another site that I would use is skype.com.  I want to capitalize on the ethnic diversity within the classroom.  Also, there are some students whose family are in other countries and this would be a great way to connect them and showcase what they are learning during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment